Know More About Us
BERALB ShAis a registered company in Albania as a legal entity with the decision of the Tirana District Court in 2001, with the following object of activity:
- To develop, construct and modernize the mining industry Albania, to conduct geological and mining studies and activity of importing and exporting in general.
- To perform any operation in trade and financial related to its object directly or indirectly.
- To open new activities, the creation of new enterprises and participation in other undertakings inside and outside the country without prejudice to the object of the company.
BERALB is registered in Albania as a company pursuant to the obligations arising from the adoption of the law nr.8761, dated 02.04.2001 "On approval of the "BOT" Concession Agreement between the Ministry of Public Economy and Privatization and the company based on law Turkish right "BER-ONER" for concession with a 30 year term for mining facilities that include several objects of the state company Albbaker as Munelle, Lak Roshi, Karma Copper Mines, copper enrichment plant Fushe Arrez, etc.
BERALB is a wholly owned subsidiary of Ekin Maden Ticaret ve San AS, Turkey. Ekin Maden is a Turkish company established in 1982, currently leader in the marketing of minerals and metals in Turkey and in the world. In Turkey, it is the main importer of metals such as lead, zinc, copper, aluminum and exporter of minerals and their concentrates. The annual turnover of "Ekin Maden" is calculated 700 million USD per year, being the main importer of color metals and minerals and distributor of their products in Turkey and in the region.
In 2001, Beralb Sh.A after approval of the "BOT" Concession Agreement, started production in the Munelle mine. Currently BERALB is operating both the Munelle and Lak Roshi mines, processing ore at the Fushe Arresi copper processing plant and is carrying out the work for opening of the Karma 2 copper mine.
Beralb for more than a decade is present in Albania in mining activities for exploration, exploitation and processing of copper ore, and is the pioneer of foreign companies that have invested in this sector in Albania. From many years to now, the company has realized more than 60 million USD investments in the copper industry of Albania, and it is the only producer in Albania of copper concentrate by developing exploration, extracting and beneficiation processes of the copper ores in the Mirdita, Puka and Shkodra regions. The company already has invested on a new processing plant at Fushe Arres with treatment capacity of 600 000 tons/year of copper ore.
Pioneer’s investor in the copper industry
- The potential of the copper ore in Albania, which is calculated to be with prognosis at that time at 52 million tons.
- The possibility of further increase of the copper reserves with application of new technologies in prospecting and exploration.
- Support of the government for the companies that will invest in the treatment of minerals as a value added and ensuring profit.
- Similar Projects already realized in Albania are commonly implemented in the region being profitable.
- MotherCompany Assets, which create possibilities on strong financial support for success on the projects.